FOREST CITY, Iowa — The 2014 Winnebago Journey and Itasca Meridian are the perfect blend of luxury and comfort with Corian solid-surface countertops and backsplashes, coffee-glazed hardwood cabinetry, Ultraleather furniture, and top-of-the-line entertainment features, the company announced today.
According to a press release, it features world-class ride and handling with the Freightliner Maxum Chassis, but also up to 246 cubic feet of storage, thanks to the lowered rail design.
- Four spacious floorplans: 34B, 36M, 40U, and 42E
- TrueAir maximum comfort A/C
- Corian galley countertops and sink covers, Corian backsplashes with decorative tile accents
- MCD Dusolar/blackout roller shades throughout coach
- PowerLine energy management system
- Premier clearcoat automotive finish
- Premium Ultraleather cab seats and lounge furniture
- LED ceiling lights – reduce energy consumption by up to 70 percent, extending battery life when dry camping
- Power mirrors with defrost and integrated side-view color cameras
- Powered patio awning with metal wrap and integrated LED patio lighting
- New convenient exterior LPG accessory connection near patio area
- Automatic hydraulic leveling jacks with three-position controls
- Freightliner Maxum Chassis – 29,410 GVWR, 340-hp 6.7L Cummins ISB diesel engine (34B); 32,350 GVWR, 360-hp 6.7L Cummins ISB XT diesel engine (36M); increased GVWR of 37,320 with 380-hp 8.9L Cummins ISL diesel engine (40U); 44,320 GVWR, 400-hp 8.9L Cummins ISL diesel engine, tag axle (42E)
- Unmatched performance of Maxum Chassis with expansive exterior storage
- Allison 3,000 MH six-speed automatic transmission
- 10,000-pound hitch (34B, 36M, and 40U); 15,000-lb. hitch (42E)
- Stylized aluminum wheels
- 55-degree wheel cut for maneuverability
- TRW tilt and telescope steering column with foot-actuated pedal for driving comfort
- New Infotainment Center with AM/FM, CD/DVD player, SiriusXM satellite radio,
- Bluetooth, iPod/iPhone audio integration, outside temperature, compass, color rearview camera, side-view camera, 10.4-inch color touch-screen monitor with split-screen function, second passenger side monitor, and Rand McNally RV GPS safe and easy routing, amenities and tools, trips and content, and turn-by-turn voice guidance
- Six beautiful full-body paint styles and three great choices of interior decor and coffee-glazed cabinet finish, including the new coffee-glazed honey cherry and forest cherry
- Norcold four-door refrigerator
- Dual-pane Contour windows with integrated frame design to provide a precise transition between the vehicle body, window frame, and the glass for superior sealing, reduced wind noise, improved operation, and excellent protection of the window edge
- Available features:
- Residential stainless steel refrigerator
- Stackable washer/dryer
- Two moveable Ultraleather ottomans with removable/reversible lid and storage (34B, 40U, and 42E)
- 34B Floorplan — Attractive features such as a full-wall slideout, an extendable sectional Comfort Sofa Sleeper, and an extendable dining table with buffet are included. The spacious bedroom with queen bed or available king bed, large wardrobe, chest of drawers, and available stackable washer and dryer makes the 34B live larger than its size, according to a press release.
- 36M Floorplan — The 36M features three slideouts, including a full-wall slide on the passenger’s side, a full-wall slideout with two Ultraleather sofas, a pullout island, and a Glide and Dine dining table with buffet. The Glide and Dine is a Winnebago Industries’ designed dining table that allows horizontal adjustment of the table to any of the numerous locking positions, as well as expansion of the length of the table to accommodate additional seating positions. The master bedroom has storage galore with a large wardrobe and chest of drawers flanking the queen-size bed.
- 40U Floorplan — The 40U is a quad-slide floorplan that provides a true residential feel with a spacious lounge, complete with an Ultraleather Rest Easy extendable sectional sofa, a Euro recliner with a pullout table, and an optional fireplace, the company noted. The full-featured galley with four-door refrigerator or optional residential refrigerator also features an extendable dining table and chairs with buffet. The split bath features the Big Shower and provides the privacy and freedom for two people to get ready at the same time. The bedroom features a queen bed or king bed with a large wardrobe and a chest of drawers, as well as optional stackable washer and dryer.
- 42E Floorplan — The 42E features 43 feet, 7 inches of luxury with three distinct living areas, according to Winnebago Industries. The front lounge features an Ultraleather Rest Easy extendable sectional sofa and Euro recliner with a pullout table, an HDTV with hidden storage behind, an available fireplace, and the front Ultraleather cab seats swivel to provide additional seating. The full-featured galley features a pullout island, four-door refrigerator or available residential refrigerator, and extendable dining table and chairs with buffet. The half bath provides additional convenience for company or for two people to get ready at the same time. The rear private master bath features the Big Shower, storage, and the available stackable washer and dryer. The bedroom features a powered queen bed or available powered king bed and large wardrobe.
SOURCE: Winnebago Industries press release