BREVARD, N.C. — It’s been five years since the award-winning design team at SylvanSport introduced the camping-utility trailer, the GO, and today they’re announcing a new product: the GO-Easy, an ultra-lightweight trailer.
Like an industrious ant, the GO-Easy trailer can carry more than its body weight, yet it’s small enough to be pulled by a motorcycle, the company noted in a press release. At just 275 pounds, it can carry up to 325 pounds of cargo, including a combination of boats (like canoes and kayaks) and bikes.
“With the GO-Easy, SylvanSport has developed a product with a streamlined focus on loading, storing, and towing outdoor adventure gear with ease, said Kyle Mundt, SylvanSport director of marketing. “The GO-Easy squarely addresses the public’s need to safely — and easily — move gear from Point A to Point B, while avoiding the five worst towing nightmares.”
According to Mundt, the five worst towing nightmares are:
- Poorly designed trailers
- Reduced gas mileage
- Difficulty backing up
- Taking up too much storage space
- Need for a large, inefficient tow vehicle
The GO-Easy, is SylvanSport’s solution to towing nightmares for the following reasons, Mundt explained:
- Designed for 100 percent functionality. “As with our flagship SylvanSport GO camping and utility trailer, the GO-Easy is a revolutionary design for its class,” said Mundt. “It’s made with a rugged steel frame for durability and longevity, has a weatherproof front storage box and a spacious, diamond-plate aluminum deck for more than 17 cubic feet of additional storage. The GO-Easy has a smooth riding torsion axle, is fully compatible with all major rack manufacturers products, has integrated tie-down points, and LED front and rear lights.”
- It is ultra-lightweight for greater fuel efficiency. Unlike conventional trailers, the GO-Easy is light enough to be towed by a motorcycle, offering a more fuel-efficient solution to hauling gear. At 275 pounds, it is incredibly easy to tow, said Mundt.
- Backs up smoothly and steadily. The high quality torsion axle ensures a smooth ride, and the GO-Easy is so lightweight it can be even be removed and wheeled around like a hand cart, he explained.
- Compact storage. When not in use, the GO-Easy can be stored upright, taking up minimal space. Simply remove the draw bar and tilt the GO-Easy upright for space-saving storage.
- Towable by small cars or motorcycles. With the GO-Easy, users don’t need a large SUV or truck to haul gear. At 275 pounds, it can be towed by a Prius or Mini Cooper, or even a motorcycle, for a more fuel-efficient adventure.
From The Backyard to the Backcountry
“The GO-Easy is the coolest new way to carry your boats, bikes and a lot of gear,” said Mundt. “It’s an intelligent blend of design flair, engineering experience and multi-functionality, with an absolute commitment to producing the most versatile, creative, and robust sport utility trailer on the market.”
Since launching the GO in 2008, Mundt said SylvanSport has earned a reputation for smart design and quality craftsmanship. Hailed by National Geographic Adventure as the “Coolest. Camper. Ever.,” GO racked up awards like Men’s Journal magazine’s Gear of the Year, and Business Week and IDSAs Industrial Design Excellence Award, among many others. The GO-Easy builds upon this legacy with exceptional functionality and styling, he explained.
“It’s not just bringing inspired design to the otherwise (yawn) utilitarian world of trailers that makes the GO-Easy exceptional,” says Tom Dempsey, SylvanSport founder and CEO. “The GO-Easy truly enables a better adventure experience and allows you to focus on fun, not logistics.
“With the GO-Easy, SylvanSport closes the gap between adventure and the adventurer by making it very easy to load up, hit the road, and get outside,” he added. “The multiple racking options enable the GO-Easy to haul up to five bikes, or four kayaks, or varying combinations of bikes and boats (including canoes, sea kayaks, SUPs and surfboards) and other outdoor gear.”
Made in the USA
As with the GO, SylvanSport manufactures every GO-Easy in their Brevard, N.C., headquarters in a 17,000-square-foot facility. The majority of the GO-Easy components are produced domestically, with many coming from a 200-mile radius of Brevard.
“Manufacturing our products domestically is no small feat,” said Dempsey. “The GO-Easy was dreamed, designed, prototyped, tested, molded, fabricated, and assembled right here in Brevard, North Carolina, USA. GO-Easy really does what it is named to do.”
To commemorate its special introduction, the GO-Easy can be pre-ordered now through SylvanSport.com, starting at $1,995, which is $500 off the manufacturer’s suggested retail price. It ships via UPS, with assembly taking about an hour. The GO-Easy will be available through a variety of retailers throughout the United States and Canada.
For more information, visit http://www.sylvansport.com.
SOURCE: Sylvan Sport press release