SANTA ANA, Calif. — mophie is venturing into the great outdoors with today’s announcement of its new juice pack outdoor edition, a hardware and GPS app bundle that gives iPhone 4 and 4S users access to twice the battery power and more than 650,000 map images for on-the-go navigation.
The outdoor edition is the first solution from the company to merge its award-winning battery charging capabilities with enhanced function through a supporting application. Available now in a new, eye-catching orange and gray color combination, the mophie juice pack outdoor edition’s 2,000 mAh battery capacity and sophisticated GPS app effectively transforms the iPhone 4 and 4S into a connected, dedicated GPS device.
“The juice pack outdoor edition eliminates the need for iPhone users to carry multiple devices to stay connected while also accessing super sophisticated GPS, mapping and tracking resources,” said mophie’s Ross Howe, vice president of marketing. “We are very excited to enter the app market and deliver a product that combines our best battery charging capabilities with a valuable and intuitive application that will keep iPhone users connected and powered up during any adventure.”
mophie has partnered with award-winning mobile GPS developer NeoTreks Inc., to create the highest quality user experience possible for the mophie outdoor app, a GPS application that includes access to more than five million square miles of outdoor recreation maps providing complete coverage of the continental United States and Hawaii.
“We are pleased to partner with mophie to be the first to provide a complete outdoor GPS solution for iPhone 4 users,” said Michael Bullock, president of NeoTreks. “The juice pack outdoor edition bundle provides more features and convenience than dedicated outdoor GPS units that can cost more than $500.”
The bundle retails for $119.95 at mophie.com. Key features and benefits of the outdoor edition include:
* Turning the iPhone into a Dedicated GPS Device — Utilizing the mophie outdoor iPhone app, users have access to the following outdoor GPS features:
o Free one year subscription for unlimited access to more than 650,000 map images encompassing five million square miles of complete coverage of the continental United States and Hawaii
o GPS tracking using AccuTerra or Google Maps
o Save unlimited tracks, placemarks and geo-referenced photos
o Share adventures via email and Facebook
o Import and export adventures via Bluetooth
o Utilize downloaded AccuTerra maps without being connected to 3G, ultimately extending and saving the device’s battery
* The Ultimate Excursion Companion — The outdoor edition also includes a free one year subscription to access the new mophie outdoor edition website for desktop viewing and planning for any camping, hiking, biking or outdoor adventure. This premium portion of the bundle will also be available for subscription purchase after the first year of service for $19.99 a year.
* Double the Battery Power — Packing a 2,000 mAh capacity, the advanced battery technology delivers an incredible amount of “juice” in a small form factor, more than doubling battery life. Users will experience:
o Up to 6 additional hours of GPS usage
o Up to 8 additional hours talk time on 3G; 16 hours 2G
o Up to 7 additional hours internet use on 3G; 11 hours WiFi
o Up to 44 hours additional audio playback
o Up to 11 hours video playback
* Cool Color Combo — The juice pack plus outdoor edition is designed with the outdoor enthusiast in-mind, utilizing an orange and gray color scheme prominent in outdoor designed products
* Standby/Charging Switch — Features a simple toggle switch that allows for standby and charging mode so you only have to use the juice pack plus battery when you need it
* 4 Light LED Battery Status Indicator — An integrated LED status indicator tells you exactly how much “juice” is left and also displays how much time remains during the charging process
The mophie juice pack outdoor edition is available now for purchase. Current juice pack users who want to take advantage of the mophie outdoor app but don’t want to purchase the outdoor juice pack plus case can download the app in the Apple App store for free and purchase a one year map subscription via their iTunes account for $29.99.
For additional information regarding the mophie juice pack line of products, please visit www.mophie.com.
mophie is a California-based, award-winning designer and manufacturer of mobile intelligent devices and accessories. It is widely recognized and highly acclaimed for its creative designs and innovative solutions. mophie is the proud developer of the juice pack, the first “Works With iPhone” portable battery solution certified by Apple Inc. All of mophie’s products are developed to address real consumer and business needs and are seamless integrations of industrial, electronic, software and artistic designs. Its products are available in Apple stores, AT&T stores, Verizon stores, Best Buy stores and on www.mophie.com and www.amazon.com.
NeoTreks, Inc. is a Colorado-based mobile software design and development company that focuses on creating unique geospatial products for smartphones and the web. Its recreation, historical and tourism apps have been featured on the Apple® App Store(SM), and in major media outlets. NeoTreks employs iOS and Android development platforms for both consumer and business applications.