Listen to this story
WASHINGTON — In all of our research about full time RVing, one recurring topic is choosing a domicile state. While some RVers choose to keep their domicile state, others will pick a new domicile state. We chose Texas as our domicile state and in this post we share what that process was like.
Choosing a domicile state
There are many considerations when choosing a new domicile. Do as much research as you can in order to make the best decision for your situation. Some things to consider:
- Driver’s License Requirement – do you need a special license to drive an RV in that state?
- State Income Tax – some states do not have state income tax
- Insurance – cost of auto insurance, health insurance benefits
- Jury Duty – what’s the process for postponing jury duty if you’re out of state?
- State Laws – marriage, inheritance, divorce, business, etc… vary state to state
Read the full story from We’re The Russos.