Listen to this story
BOSTON — The Boston RV & Camping Expo kicks off show season in New England Friday at the Boston Convention and Exhiubition Center.
The show is produced by Paragon Group of Needham, Mass., and sponsored by the New England RV Dealers Association (NERVDA) and VA Healthcare.
Show hours are 4 to 9 p.m. Friday, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday and 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday, which is the Martin Luther King, Jr., holiday.
On Monday, all veterans receive free admission to the show and will have an opportunity to meet with VA representatives and agencies at the show.
Recognized as one of the best indoor RV shows in the country, attendance is expected to increase again this year and could hit 20,000 attendees if the weather cooperates with us this weekend, the release noted.
“This is our premier event of the year and you couldn’t have a better business partner than Paragon Group,” said David Major, president of the NERVDA Board of Directors. “As one of the leading event management companies in the country, their professional team creates a welcoming environment for RV enthusiasts to see the new RVs in a bright, clean and easy to navigate show.”
Dealers will have more than 200 RVs on display in an area in an area that would cover three football fields.
“Our dealers and campgrounds always look forward to starting the camping season right here at one of the best convention facilities in the country,” said Bob Zagami, executive director of NERVDA. “We will have everything from pop-up campers to several luxury diesel pusher motorhomes, including the very popular destination trailers and park model trailers.
“Campgrounds throughout the northeast will be taking reservations and booking rental cabins for the upcoming season. Over the past few years, with an average of 500,000 new RVs being sold, it is more challenging getting reservations at your favorite campground, so RV enthusiasts are securing their reservations for the camping season right here at the show,” he added.
“We provide a full seminar schedule everyday of the show to make sure RV enthusiasts enjoy their RVs while camping or touring the country,” explained Carolyn Weston, group director for outdoor lifestyle events at Paragon Group.
Here are some of the planned activities:
- Attendees can learn how to get their RVs ready for the spring with Randy Murray, of Pete’s RV Center.
- Bob Zagami will introduce new comers to the RV lifestyle with one seminar that covers the different types of RVs and another that shows them where to find important RV resources and education on social media and the internet.
- Lovin’ Spoonfuls, a Boston-based food rescue company, will present a seminar on sustainable cooking practices for campers.
- Cathy Pedtke, food rescue coordinator, will teach food recovery and waste minimization, nutrition-focused recipes and money saving strategies for whole-ingredient cooking.
- There will be wildlife animal shows for the kids.
- Outdoor activity seminars.
NERVDA will be presenting its popular “RVing in New England” online talk show with two live shows from the seminar stage on Saturday and Sunday at 4 p.m. The hosts will answer questions from the audience and help them find what they are looking for at the show.
For more information on NERVDA or the Boston RV & Camping Expo, contact Zagami at 617.974.3739 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SOURCE: New England RV Dealers Association press release