No smoke detector in fatal Surrey RV fire

TORONTO, Ontario — Fire officials are highlighting the need for functioning smoke alarms, after a recreational vehicle fire left one man dead in Surrey on Friday morning, according to CBC News.

The smoldering fire began slowly, with smoke filling an R.V. shortly after 7 a.m. in an RV park, CBC News noted.

While putting out the fire, crews found a man inside the R.V. He was quickly taken outside, where first responders unsuccessfully tried to resuscitate him.

To read the full story by CBC News, click here.

Rebecca Smith

Rebecca Smith

Rebecca Smith is a Wisconsin native currently living in Illinois with her husband, Eric, and two dogs, Maggie and Grace. She enjoys hiking, biking, kayaking and, of course, camping in cabins and park models.

Leave a Comment

Get Daily News Delivered

Get Weekly News Delivered

Sponsored Video

Recent Posts

Get Daily RV News Delivered

Every day we send a summary of the most important news via email. Make sure you don’t miss anything.