Family loses camper, pet bird in fire

GENOA COUNTY, Mich. — A Genoa Township family’s fifth wheel was destroyed Thursday in a fire that killed their pet bird, the Livingston Daily News reported.

Nobody was injured in the fire, but the fire destroyed the 35-foot RV, which the family was living in while their home was being remodeled. The blaze also caused minor damage to the exterior of the home, the paper explained.

“It turned out be a large camper fire,” Deputy Chief Mike Evans of the Brighton Area Fire Department told the paper, adding that the fifth-wheel camper was parked between the home and the garage. No cause has been determined.

To read the full story in the Livingston Daily News, click here.

Greg Gerber

Greg Gerber

A journalist who has covered the recreation vehicle industry since January 2000, Greg Gerber founded RV Daily Report on April Fool's Day in 2009. He also serves as the editor of the publication and website. As an Eagle Scout, he has enjoyed camping for decades and has visited every state except Hawaii. A DODO -- Dad of Daughters Only -- to three young women, he has two grandchildren as well. He currently splits his time between Wisconsin, Texas and Arizona. Greg can be reached at editor@rvdailyreport.com.

Leave a Comment

Get Daily News Delivered

Get Weekly News Delivered

Multi-stage battery
charging with IOTA IQ4
Smart Controller

Recent Posts

Get Daily RV News Delivered

Every day we send a summary of the most important news via email. Make sure you don’t miss anything.