Carbon monoxide claims RVer at Talladega campground

LINCOLN, Ala. — The Talladega County Sheriff’s Department said Craig Morgan, 46, of Murfreesboro, Tenn., died at the Talladega Speedway campground and his wife, Jami, is in critical condition after being poisoned by carbon monoxide, Fox Sports reported.

The couple were discovered unresponsive by friends who went into their RV at the South Campground outside the track. Jami Morgan was unconscious and was airlifted to UAB Hospital, where she remained in critical condition and unconscious Monday morning, a hospital spokesperson told FOXSports.com.

Sheriff Jimmy Kilgore told Fox Sports that the couple’s RV had a broken exhaust pipe on its generator, which ran all night Friday.

To read the full story at Fox Sports, click here.

Greg Gerber

Greg Gerber

A journalist who has covered the recreation vehicle industry since January 2000, Greg Gerber founded RV Daily Report on April Fool's Day in 2009. He also serves as the editor of the publication and website. As an Eagle Scout, he has enjoyed camping for decades and has visited every state except Hawaii. A DODO -- Dad of Daughters Only -- to three young women, he has two grandchildren as well. He currently splits his time between Wisconsin, Texas and Arizona. Greg can be reached at editor@rvdailyreport.com.

Leave a Comment

Get Daily News Delivered

Get Weekly News Delivered

Multi-stage battery
charging with IOTA IQ4
Smart Controller

Recent Posts

Get Daily RV News Delivered

Every day we send a summary of the most important news via email. Make sure you don’t miss anything.