Australia: Survey reveals majority of campers unsure of how to correctly extinguish campfire

Listen to this story

VICTORIA, Australia — A Parks Victoria survey has revealed concerning numbers about people’s understanding of how to correctly extinguish a campfire.

Just 26 percent of people correctly identified that water should be poured onto a campfire, with the other 74 percent thought that a fire should be extinguished by covering it with soil or sand.

Campfires must always be fully extinguished with water, not soil, and must be cool to touch before being safe to leave.

Read the full story from Stawell Times.

Rebecca Smith

Rebecca Smith

Rebecca Smith is a Wisconsin native currently living in Illinois with her husband, Eric, and two dogs, Maggie and Grace. She enjoys hiking, biking, kayaking and, of course, camping in cabins and park models.

Leave a Comment

Get Daily News Delivered

Get Weekly News Delivered

Multi-stage battery
charging with IOTA IQ4
Smart Controller

Recent Posts

Get Daily RV News Delivered

Every day we send a summary of the most important news via email. Make sure you don’t miss anything.