DIAMOND BAR, Calif. — Results of the 2018 Specialty Equipment Market Association Board of Directors election were rel,eased today.
Donnie Eatherly, from P&E Distributors; Dan Kahn from Kahn Media; Brian Lounsberry, with Motovicity Distribution; Dr. Jamie Meyer, from General Motors; and Steve Whipple, from Edelbrock were elected to serve on the board.
While Kahn is a current SEMA board member who was re-elected onto the group, Eatherly has served as a past board member, and Lounsberry, Meyer, and Whipple will join as new SEMA board members.
The following is the complete list of the 2018-2019 SEMA Board of Directors, effective at the close of the board meeting July 20:
- Chairman of the Board: Wade Kawasaki, Coker Group
- Chairman-Elect: Tim Martin, K&N Engineering
- Immediate-Past Chairman and Secretary: Doug Evans, Crower Cams & Equipment Company
- Treasurer: Peter Lehman, Granite Creek Capital Partners
- Greg Adler, Transamerican Auto Parts
- Chris Douglas, COMP Performance Group
- Donnie Eatherly, P&E Distributors
- Kyle Fickler, Aeromotive
- Dan Kahn, Kahn Media
- James Lawrence, Power Automedia
- Brian Lounsberry, Motovicity Distribution
- Dr. Jamie Meyer, General Motors
- Les Rudd, Bob Cook Sales
- Steve Whipple, Edelbrock
David Goch, with Webster, Chamberlain & Bean, and Russ Deane from Trainum, Snowdon & Deane continue as general counsels.
SEMA Board members are industry representatives who volunteer their time to lead and guide the association. They are elected by all SEMA-member companies and represent the key membership categories: manufacturers, distributors/retailers, manufacturers’ rep and services.
The entire 2018-2019 SEMA Board of Directors will be honored and recognized during the SEMA Installation and Gala in July. At the same time, outgoing SEMA board members Jim Bingham, of Winner’s Circle Speed & Custom; Susan Carpenter, of CPG; Laurel Dasher, of MagnaFlow; and Nick Gramelspacher, of Meyer Distributing, will be concluding their volunteer terms and honored for their service and contributions.
The event will also feature a special tribute to the 2018 SEMA Hall of Fame Inductees Ed Pink, Chris Thomson and Donnie Eatherly.
Details and tickets to the SEMA Installation and Gala are available at www.sema.org/gala.