Listen to this story
RESTON, Va. — The finalists in the 2019 RV Technical Institute Top Tech Challenge have been chosen and will compete at RVX: The Experience to become the “top tech” in the RV industry, the RV Industry Association reported.
The event takes place March 13 from 4 to 6 p.m. and will pit six RV service technicians against each other in a winner-take-all competition for a $10,000 cash prize and the title of Top Tech Champion.
Held in front of an industry audience of dealers, manufacturers, suppliers and the media, the Top Tech Challenge will highlight the industry-wide need for skilled labor, and how companies can work together to promote the role of service and bring in more qualified technicians to the industry, said RV Technical Institute Executive Director Curt Hemmeler.
“The Top Tech Challenge is our industry’s way of promoting and rewarding skilled labor technicians in the market,” he explained. “These are unsung heroes and we applaud their efforts to keep millions of Americans on the road and enjoying the RV lifestyle.”
All of the selected finalists are currently employed as RV certified technicians and have a minimum of five years of experience.
Submissions were scored based on each technician’s completed application, years of experience, most recent RVDA/RVIA certified technician exam score and certification expiration date.
The 2019 Top Tech Challenge finalists are:
- Aaron Bashore, from Shoemakersville, Pa., and the shop foreman/lead tech at Tom Schaeffers Camping and Travel Center.
- Brandon Galbreath, the 2017 Top Tech champion, from Joppa, Ala., who is a service tech at D&N RV Service.
- Thomas Gordon, from Ocala, Fla., who works as the shop foreman/lead tech at Ocala Camping World.
- John Larson, from Minden, Nev., who is the owner/operator at Nevada Mobile RV Service.
- Chris Page, from Prescott, Ariz., a service tech at Affinity RV.
- Bradley Wingfield, from Corinth, Texas, who is the shop foreman at McClain’s RV Superstore.
Registration to attend RVX is free for dealers and takes place March 12 to14 in Salt Lake City. Dealers, retailers, campground and service technicians are encouraged to secure their spots at the event by visiting www.rvx.org.
SOURCE: RV Industry Association press release