AMSTERDAM, N.Y. — Andy Heck, president of Alpin Haus in Amsterdam, N.Y., became the RV Dealers Association’s new chairman of the board during the RV Dealers International Convention/Expo in Las Vegas Oct. 5.
Heck took over the position of RVDA’s top volunteer leader from former chairman Tim O’Brien during the association’s annual meeting, held in conjunction with the convention.
Heck has served on the RVDA board in several officer capacities including first vice chairman. He has also served as chairman of the audit and oversight committee and as a director on the RVDA Education Foundation Board. Alpin Haus also received RVDA’s 2006 National Top Quality RV Dealer of the Year award.
Speaking to RVDA members at the meeting, Heck said “Over the past few years, we have seen many challenges as RV dealers, and through each of these RVDA has played a vital role.
“It was just a year ago that we were facing possible legislation that would have greatly impacted our finance departments,” he added. “RVDA is our association, and to be even stronger and more progressive in the future we need all RV dealers to be members. Whether you are a dealer with less than 10 employees or more than 100, we need you. No one will look after our future like we all can together.”
Other members of the RVDA Board of Directors for 2011-12 are:
- First vice chairman — Jeff Hirsch, Campers Inn of Kingston, N.H.
- Second vice chairman — Bob Been, of Affinity RV Service Sales and Rentals in Prescott, Ariz.
- Treasurer — John McCluskey of Florida Outdoors RV Center in Stuart, Fla.
- Secretary — John Myers, of Myers RV Center, Inc., Albuquerque, N.M.
The RVDA Board of Delegates also elected the following new members to the board of directors:
- Darrel Friesen, of All Seasons RV Center in Yuba City, Calif.
- Amy Pennington, of RV Outlet Mall in Georgetown, Texas
- Lindsey Reines, of Reines RV Center in Manassas, Va.
- Brian Wilkins, of Wilkins RV in Bath, N.Y.
Also serving on the board of directors are:
- Past chairman Tim O’Brien, of Circle K RVs in Lapeer, Mich.
- RV Rental Association (RVRA) representative Bert Alanko, president of MBA Insurance in Scottsdale, Ariz.
- RV Learning Center Chairman Jeff Pastore, of Hartville RV Center in Hartville, Ohio
- RV Assistance Corp. (RVAC) Chairman Tom Stinnett of Tom Stinnett RV Freedom Center, Clarksville, Ind.
- RVDA President Mike Molino also serves as a non-voting member
RVDA is the national association representing RV retailers. The association’s members include RV dealers, RV rental operators, and RV aftermarket sales and service locations.
SOURCE: RV Dealers Association press release