Listen to this story
FAIRFAX, Va. — The RV Dealers Association is seeking people who can offer dynamic, stimulating, and relevant training that will enable RV dealers and dealership personnel to improve their business operations and achieve their professional development goals.
RVDA’s Convention/Expo Committee is soliciting workshop proposals for the 2019 RV Dealers Convention/Expo, which takes place Nov. 11 to 15 at Caesars Palace on the Las Vegas strip.
As an education event for RV dealers, more than 1,500 people from across North America attend the workshops presented during the five-day event. Almost 300 United States and Canadian dealerships will be represented by dealer principals, general managers, and dealership personnel from every department at an RV dealership.
The committee-selected workshops are scheduled for Nov. 13 and 14. Compliance sessions are planned for Nov. 15.
The committee reviews and selects sessions for the event’s non-promotional workshops offered in these tracks:
- Finance and insurance
- Dealer/general manager
- Social media/emarketing
- Fixed operations (parts and service)
The selection committee welcomes submissions from ‘in-the-trenches’ training professionals, consultants, dealership professionals, vendors, and others who support the RV industry.
People who can provide high impact programs with actionable strategies that will help dealers increase profitability and improve performance are encouraged to respond.
“This is your chance to reach the retail powerhouses of the RV industry,” said Phil Ingrassia, RVDA president. “The convention/expo is a focused, well-targeted event aimed at the most influential dealers in the RV industry.”
RVDA dealership members account for more than 84 percent of the RV sales in the United States market and 90 percent in the Canadian market, he added.
The convention is sponsored by RVDA, RVDA of Canada, and the Mike Molino RV Learning Center.
To submit a proposal, follow these steps:
- Review the 2019 RVDA Convention/Expo call for workshop proposals website for insight on the committee’s vision for topics, submission requirements.
- Identify topics that would benefit RV dealers and their key employees and can be effectively covered in the time allotted. The 2018 Convention/Expo program guide offers insight into the types of sessions presented at the event.
- Gather the required information and submit the proposal using the online portal by March 20.
The Convention/Expo Committee, comprised of industry leaders, selects presenters that offer attendees relevant, useful, “how to,” and actionable information in key areas of interest. For 2019, the committee is especially looking for submissions that will address:
- Selling — Beyond word tracks and scripts
- Finding talent — Recruiting and hiring from other industries, and hiring and training veterans with ‘how to’ for finding and using state and federal resources and funding
- Marketing channels — Specific ideas with real-world examples
- Customer service — Beyond the basics
- Inventory management
- Leadership and management training for department managers — Motivating others, goal setting, and leading people
- Targeted content for young RV dealership executives — Leadership and management development
- 2020 compliance outlook
For more information, contact Karin Van Duyse at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 703.591.7130, Ext. 108.
For more information on becoming an exhibitor at the RVDA Convention/Expo, visit www.rvda.org/convention/exhibit.
Companies interested in partnership and sponsorship opportunities can contact Julie Newhouse at 703.364.5518 or email email@example.com.
SOURCE: RV Dealers Association press release