RICHMOND, B.C. – Herb Cowen of Pike Lake Golf Centre in Clifford, Ontario has been elected as the new Chairman of the Board of the Recreation Vehicle Dealers Association (RVDA) of Canada.
Pike Lake Golf Centre is a family-owned and operated RV dealership which first opened in 1961. Throughout the years the Cowen family has worked tirelessly to develop the resort and campground into the exceptional facility that it is today. Pike Lake offers many amenities for guests to enjoy. In additional to the RV Dealership, the property offers a 20 room motel, lake view cottages, a 9 hole and 18 hole golf course, practice greens, a driving range, a restaurant including a Pro shop, a campground and an Adult Lifestyle Community.
As a dealer, Herb Cowen has portrayed a level of commitment to both his customers, as well as the industry, that is exemplary. Herb believes in working hard and treating people fairly which is how he has earned his professional reputation. Herb loves the business, enjoys meeting and assisting customers and is committed in providing an upscale experience for those that want to enjoy the RV Lifestyle.
Pike Lake Golf Centre has also supported their community through generous donations to service groups within their regional area. The Centre hosts many classic golf tournaments and helps organizations reach their fundraising goals. In 2011, as a part of their 50th anniversary celebration and in memory of Irv Cowen, Herb’s father, Pike Lake Golf Centre donated $17,000 to the Harrsiton Fire Department allowing for an expansion of the current Hall. More recently, Pike Lake Golf Centre committed to the Mount Forest Louise Marshall Hospital for the development of a new emergency wing.
The dealership has been a member of the Ontario RVDA since 1989 and Herb has participated in provincial and national association efforts in several capacities. Herb has been president of the Ontario RVDA, has sat on provincial show committees and has served on the board of the RVDA of Canada since 2014.
Other officers for the 2018-2019 year are:
- Vice Chairman: Gord Bragg, Hub City RV, Lantzville, BC
- Treasurer: Josée Bédard, Roulottes Chaudière, Levis, QC
- Past Chair: Jean-François Lussier, Horizon Lussier, Marieville, QC
RVDA of Canada’s current Board of Directors are:
- Murray Sullivan, Sullivan Motor Products, Houston, BC
- Dale Hopkins, RV City, Leduc, AB
- Kyle Kehoe, Kehoe RV, Saskatoon, SK
- Jim Gorrie, GNR Camping World, Winnipeg, MB
- Bruno Tombari Jr., Bella Vista RV, Oro-Medonte, ON
- Marc Rémillard, Centre du Camping Rémillard, St-Jean-sur-Richelieu, QC
- Bruce Marsh, Cape Breton Trailer Sales, Bras d’Or, NS
- Trevor Moase, Vacationer RV Sales and Service, Kelvin Grove, PEI
SOURCE: RVDA of Canada press release