Listen to this story
RESTON, Va. — Registration is closing in less than 10 days for the RV Industry Association’s Fourth Annual National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) Seminar.
This seminar is free to all RVIA members and will take place May 1 at the RV/MH Hall of Fame in Elkhart.
This year’s seminar will focus on the potential life stages of a recall including:
- Identifying a potential issue that requires further investigation
- Elevating such issue to a safety committee
- Investigating and identifying the elevated issue
- Administering a recall campaign
- Reviewing basic federal motor vehicle safety standards
- Understanding the function of a safety committee
There will be a special keynote presentation given by Bruce York, of NHTSA, and Trevor Lehouillier, of Transport Canada, followed by a short presentation by Josh Neff and Michelle Rice, of NHTSA, on recall management.
After the presentations, there will be interactive break-out sessions where attendees will have the opportunity to discuss an assortment of topics with their peers, as well as industry compliance veterans and outside legal counsel serving the industry.
The event will commence at 8 a.m. Eastern and is scheduled to end at 2 p.m. with lunch included.
Registration is open through April 26.
SOURCE: RV Industry Association bulletin