FAIRFAX, Va. — A mini rental school will be open to all dealership personnel attending the 2016 RV Dealers International Convention/Expo.
“Your Million Dollar Rental Business” will feature rental experts from all aspects of the business who will share the steps that rental dealers follow daily to utilize people, dealership processes, and available products to create and expand on a successful operation. Convention registration is available for RVDA members at the discounted advanced registration rate through Aug. 30.
The theme of the convention/expo is “Gear Up for Success,” and it takes place Nov. 7-11, at Bally’s in Las Vegas. The mini rental school is in addition to a full track of 10 education workshops designed for rental operators and their staff, covering issues from contracts to using social media. Find more information about the rental track on the convention website.
“Your Million Dollar Rental Business” will take place on Nov. 8, from noon until 2:15 p.m. The program will be a joint presentation of the RV Rental Association and MBA Insurance. The lineup of speakers includes successful rental business operators and finance and legal professionals who can help dealers navigate the details of getting a rental business from concept to reality to profit center.
Presenters will be:
- Martin Onken is president of Expedition Motor Homes in southern California. In addition to leading and managing the dealership, he also trains and consults third parties to open and operate successful RV rental dealerships and departments.
- Barry Raye is the three-decade owner of Rayewood RV Center and currently owns 84 RV rentals and service in New Jersey. He is a past president of NJRVDA and current member of both RVRA and the national RV Rental Success 20 Group. Currently, using modern software and technology, he manages a 45 unit rental fleet, including pop-ups, motorhomes, and travel trailers. Barry has presented on RVing to clubs and organizations to share his knowledge with local professionals.
- Scott Krenek, owner of Krenek RV Center in Coloma, Mich., has an extensive background in the RV rental business, and is chairman of the RV Rental Association. An owner and operator for more than 35 years, he was instrumental in starting the industry’s first 20 Group focused exclusively on helping dealers improve their rental operations. Krenek has also served as an instructor at the RV Dealers International Convention/Expo and the annual RV Rental School organized by MBA Insurance.
- Leslie Pujo practices vehicle and rental law at Plave Koch PLC. She counsels on vehicle rental regulatory compliance and rental agreements for operators of all sizes and types, including local, airport, franchised, and car sharing operations. She is a frequent speaker on vehicle rental and franchising legal issues at the IFA Legal Symposium, the Car Rental Show, the RV Dealers International Convention/Expo, and the MBA Insurance Rental School.
- Brad Bacon came to Pleasureland RV Center in 2002 and has served as controller and CFO. Brad currently serves on three national industry dealer 20 groups, conducts training, and serves on panels for the RV industry.
The convention is sponsored by RVDA–The National RV Dealers Association, RVDA of Canada, and the Mike Molino RV Learning Center and each year the Convention/Expo Committee focuses on featuring new presenters to keep the content relevant and fresh for dealers.
The convention will also feature an expo of RV industry companies offering products and services to help dealers improve profitability. Companies interested in partnership and sponsorship opportunities and exhibitor information can contact Julie Newhouse at 703.364.5518 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit www.rvda.org/convention for regular updates as the convention approaches.
SOURCE: RVDA press release