Jury clears RV stove-maker of $2.2 million liability for injury

FULTON COUNTY, Ga. — A Fulton County jury said a company that manufactured a range cover installed in a recreational vehicle bore no responsibility for the injuries a toddler suffered when the top closed unexpectedly, knocking a pot of boiling food onto the child as she stood nearby.

The youngster, then 18 months old, suffered second-degree burns over much of her body and permanent scarring on her leg, according to plaintiffs attorney Matthew Wetherington of Werner Wetherington.

Read the full story from Daily Reporter.

Rebecca Smith

Rebecca Smith

Rebecca Smith is a Wisconsin native currently living in Illinois with her husband, Eric, and two dogs, Maggie and Grace. She enjoys hiking, biking, kayaking and, of course, camping in cabins and park models.

Leave a Comment

  • John says:

    If you link a story, why not link to a site that does not want one to pay for a subscription?

    • Greg Gerber says:

      Hi John,
      Whenever we link to a story, the material is available free of charge. Sometimes, the publication sees an increase in traffic to a particular story after we published it, and then opts to put it behind a pay wall. We have even seen the same article available for free on one browser, and behind a paywall on another. Sometimes the articles are behind a paywall for a few hours or a few days, then become free again. It all depends upon the website. We wish there was a way to discern when the linked articles would no longer be free. However, we never intentionally link to stories that require subscriptions. Sometimes clearing your cookies allows you to view the article for free, too. Sorry for the trouble.

  • Get Daily News Delivered

    Get Weekly News Delivered

    Sponsored Video

    Recent Posts

    Get Daily RV News Delivered

    Every day we send a summary of the most important news via email. Make sure you don’t miss anything.