Listen to this story
TAMPA — Continuing The Gadget Guru’s conversation series with executives in the motorhome industry, Andy Pargh interviews Justin Humphreys, the chief operating officer of Airstream.
This interview was conducted last week on the floor at the 2019 Florida RV Super Show in Tampa.
“As with my other interviews, there are no pre-conditions and no related topic is considered out of bounds,” said Pargh. “As you can see, I work without notes and the topics are based on the expertise of the person being interviewed. I’ll add that no payment whatsoever was provided for this interview.”
Airstream is owned by Thor Industries and since Thor’s stock has slipped 60% in the last year, that was the opening topic, Pargh explained.
Other topics include:
- Do Airstream quality programs benefit Thor motorhomes?
- How are tariffs affecting the motorhome industry?
- Are the manufacturers listening to the voices on social media?
- Are lithium batteries the solution to a better user experience?
- New enhancements and safety features coming to Sprinter chassis.
The video is available on YouTube.