Listen to this story
GAFFNEY, S.C. — Freightliner Custom Chassis unveiled its new DriveTech technology consisting of an advanced display and control system.
The DriveTech driving control system puts every vehicle command in a centralized, easy-to-reach location. The company’s display at the RVX trade show last week in Salt Lake City, allowed visitors to experience the new cockpit design.
DriveTech’s all-new ergonomic steering wheel and column-mounted controls are paired with OptiView’s all-digital gauge display to create a more automotive-like feel, said Tony Sippel, vice president of sales, marketing and product strategy for FCC.
“The world is changing, and DriveTech provides an innovative and forward-thinking update to the RV driver’s station to provide the luxury experience modern drivers expect,” he explained. “DriveTech streamlines and simplifies controls to help them focus their full attention on maneuvering and piloting the coach.”
A recent study found 80 percent of collisions and 65 percent of near collisions involved some form of driver distraction, often from using electronic devices while driving, the release noted.
DriveTech simplifies controls to help drivers focus their full attention on maneuvering and piloting the coach, said Sippel.
DriveTech features and highlights include:
- OptiView all-digital instrument cluster that features a bright, anti-glare display and easy-to-read interface.
- Bluetooth connectivity that provides hands-free operation through easy-to-reach controls.
- A tire pressure monitoring system which shows pressure of each tire and triggers alerts for low pressure, high pressure or leaks — even for tires on a trailer or tow vehicle.
- A customizable OptiView instrument cluster to show coach data, including fuel economy, performance settings, vehicle and internal diagnostics, transmission prognostics and system information.
- RoadWatch (optional)—FCC’s assisted driving and safety system that includes adaptive cruise control and collision mitigation.
- Push-to-start button and advanced key fob which includes two buttons for OEM-programmable actions.
- Right- and left-hand paddles allow for easy-to-reach column controls versus traditional shifter pads.
For more information, visit fcccrv.com or call 800.FTL.HELP.
SOURCE: Freighliner press release