UNITED STATES — “The average selling price of motorized units at auction last month increased nearly nine percent, which comes in at the third highest amount ever. One thing that caught my eye was that there was a larger than usual amount of 2018 models in the mix, perhaps being disposed of to make room for some incoming 2019s. Auction volumes were up substantially across the board, not uncommon for this time of year as dealers adjust their inventory levels for winter,” reported Eric Lawrence, director of Specialty Markets at Black Book.
For Motor Homes (including Class A, B, and C)
• Average selling price was $48,269 up $3,785 (8.5%) from the previous month
• One year ago, the average selling price was $48,537
• Auction volume was up 25% from the previous month. The average model year was 2011.
For Towables (including Travel Trailers and Fifth Wheels)
• Average selling price was $13,939, up $381 (2.8%) from the previous month
• One year ago, the average selling price was $14,581
• Auction volume was up 18% from the previous month. The average model year was 2010.