By Brandon Esparza
Florida Outdoors RV Center
I remember as a kid the excitement of dressing up, grabbing my treat back and hitting the neighborhood with a sugar crazed look (okay, not that bad). I loved this fall event with all the pumpkin carving, costume fitting and candy eating.
As you know, you can’t just loose your kids or grandkids on the neighborhood anymore. It’s not as safe as it used to be! So, what could be more fun than visiting a RV resort for the weekend that offers Halloween activities? It’s safe and usually the activities are all planned for you!
Here is a list of great places to visit during the Halloween season if you RV or camp. All of these places are family friendly and have sites for your motorhome or travel trailer.
- Jellystone Park in Madison, Fla. — Jellystone Parks are located throughout the United States. However, because most of my readers are Florida residents, I will highlight the RV friendly campsite in Madison, Fla. Begin your scary Halloween festivities with a haunted trail and haunted house. Bring your favorite costume, because they are going to have a content on the best one. Throughout the day, you’ll there will also be scheduled activities. For more information, call 850.973.8269
- KOA of Okeechobee in Okeechobee, Fla. — The KOA of Okeechobee is the largest KOA Kampground in the United States. So, of course they are going to have some killer Halloween events. All the fun starts Oct. 25 with “The Nightmare Before Christmas” movie event. There will be a big outside blowup screen. Saturday, Oct. 26 will be filled with pumpkin carving and bobbing for apples (so make sure you wear something that can get wet). Other activities will include a coloring contest, ice cream social and “trick or treating” at 6 p.m. For more information, call 863.763.0231
- Silver Palms RV Resort in Okeechobee, Fla. — Silver Palms RV is a beautiful, luxurious RV park. They not only cater to those staying long periods of time, but short periods as well. On Oct. 31 from 6 to 8 p.m., they will be having great Halloween Pot Luck Party at their clubhouse. Bring a delicious dish and dress in your favorite costume. For more information, call 888.323.4967
Out of Florida Halloween options include:
- Yosemite Pines RV in Groveland, Calif. — Yosemite Pines RV parks is celebrating the re-opening of the Yosemite National Park with a special 50 percent discount on all lodging and RV sites. Their Twitter says they are going to have a “BIG Halloween Party” Oct. 26 So, if you find yourself way out in California, be sure to join the folks at Yosemite Pines RV Park. There will be games, food and a costume contest. For more information, call 209.962.7690
- Lake Rudolph HallowWeekends in Santa Claus, Ind. — Lake Rudolph offers a great selection of family fun activities lasting seven weekend during the Halloween season. It’s famously called “HallowWeekends” and is one of their biggest event of the year. It includes bonfire ghost stories, trick or treating, costume and site contests, and haunted hayrides. These people go all out. For more information, call 877.937.7839
So, where are you going for this Fall holiday? Do you have a favorite RV park or camping site with great Halloween activities? Tell us about them in the comments below. After you’ve done that, share this with your friend on Facebook or Twitter. It’s a great way to share the love, after all you can’t keep all these great places to yourself.
PHOTO: Decorated campsite at Lake Rudolph RV Park and Campground in Santa Claus, Ind.
Brandon Esparza works for Florida Outdoors RV Center with locations in Stuart and Okeechobee, Fla.