LAS VEGAS — In the late ’60s and ’70s, there was no mistaking a Winnebago motorhome. The Flying W and iconic “eyebrow” design were cutting paths to fun and adventure from coast to coast. It was the coach that made America fall in love with motorhomes, the company noted from the stage at its annual Dealer Days event.
Well, it’s time to fall in love again. The new Brave breathes new life in to the legendary design, giving people the opportunity to relive their childhood memories with the next generation of young motorhome enthusiasts.
Beyond appearance, the new Brave is loaded with today’s best features and offered in two versatile floorplans fit for weekend getaways or extended trips. While buyers won’t find one for the $4,000 price of the original, it’s priced to fit within a growing family’s budget.
Highlights of the new ‘retro’ motorhome include:
- All-new retro design with two floorplans — 26A and 27B
- Unique moveable dash console on tracks that allow it to slide between driver and directly in front of passenger. Moveable dash console will house:
- Rearview monitor system
- Rand McNally RV GPS Navigation System
- Dash AM/FM radio
- 30 programmable station presets
- Bluetooth for streaming audio
- Time/alarm clock
- Auxiliary audio input
- Flush-mount LED ceiling lighting
- Easy-slide overhead cabinet doors
- Vinyl clad ceiling
- Vinyl flooring throughout
- “Waterfall” style galley laminate countertops
- Cab seats in Primera from Ultrafabrics
- MCD shades
- Powered front StudioLoft bed,
- Powered rear StudioLoft bed (26A)
- Powered patio awning
- Automatic hydraulic jacks
- Ford 16,000-pound gross vehicle weight rating
The 26A is all about multi-purposing for maximum utility and for maximum floor space. It features a unique multifunctional Flex Bed module that offers a comfortable sofa/bed that flips up against the wall to provide open floor space for additional cargo storage. It the space offers a unique powered table that flips up to provide a large 22.25-by-64-inch serving table or work space. The sofa must be flipped up against the wall to access the powered table.
In addition, there are six tie-down positions located beneath the sofa for securing cargo. A lounge chair with swivel/slide/recline features and three-point seat belt is another multipurpose feature strategically located to provide additional seating by the dinette for a convenient conversation area along with the front cab seats that swivel toward the rear of the coach with a removable pedestal table positioned in between.
The forward-facing dinette seat also has three-point seat belts and tether anchors to securely fasten child seats. A powered StudioLoft bed is also available in the front cab area, while a rear corner queen bed is provided along with an additional StudioLoft bed available above it. The inside forward corner of the corner queen bed also flips rearward to provide additional floor space when needed.
The 27B floorplan features a single (passenger/driver side) slide, a powered StudioLoft bed, U-shaped dinette, split bath, walk-around queen bed, and a 32-inch HDTV.
SOURCE: Winnebago Industries press release