FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif. — Airstream is extending the adventure to include bike paths. The Ohio-based company has partnered with California-based Pedego Electric Bikes to produce the new Pedego Airstream Electric Bike.
Priced from $2,995, Pedego Airstream Electric Bikes are available in brushed aluminum to match Airstream’s classic style. They are available at Airstream dealerships and Pedego stores.
The Pedego Airstream Electric Bike provides a fun travel experience without sacrificing comfort, the release explained, noting riders can enjoy the great outdoors, going off the beaten path, reaching farther destinations and climbing to new vistas. Airstreamers find electric bikes useful as well as thrilling when they discover how easy it is to ride into town or along scenic paths after setting up camp, the company noted. They can even zip along at high elevations without becoming winded.
Powered by Pedego’s rugged motors and powerful batteries, these bikes empower riders to fly over hills, zoom through headwinds and travel distances with ease, the release claimed.
The Pedego Airstream Electric Bike features include:
- Cool brushed aluminum frame complementing the classic Airstream look
- Classic and step-through designs with a stylish 26-inch frame
- Wide, swept-back handlebars that promote a comfortable upright riding position
- State-of-the-art geared motor for better acceleration and hill climbing
- Five levels of automatic pedal assist mode for a more natural riding experience
- LCD display with USB charging port for a phone and other devices
- Twist-and-go throttle for full power on demand
- Powerful 48-volt lightweight lithium battery with 10 or 15 AH providing an average of 25 to 60 miles distance per charge
- Shimano seven-speed gearing for maximum control while pedaling
- SRAM disc brakes
- Deluxe saddle with a suspension seat post for extra cushioning
- Kevlar-belted premium balloon tires available in black, brown or crème for an extra-smooth ride and flats prevention
- Front and rear lights for safety
- Optional MAG wheels for a new level of style and strength
- A two-year comprehensive warranty
The bike comes complete with Airstream’s name on the chain guard as well as the company’s badge for the front emblem. The electric bike was first shown at Airstream’s annual five-day event, Alumapalooza, held May 30 to June 4 at the Airstream factory in Jackson Center, Ohio.
“Airstream customers love the outdoors and the open road, so we are thrilled to partner with Pedego and allow Airstreamers to take their journeys even further with these one-of-a-kind aluminum electric bikes,” said Airstream President and CEO Bob Wheeler.
“The Pedego Airstream electric bike is a natural fit for those who love the open road for adventure,” said Don DiCostanzo, Pedego Electric Bikes CEO and co-founder. “These bikes compliment Airstream’s legacy of quality, innovation, luxury and fun.”
SOURCE: Airstream press release