Thursday, February 16, 2017
Breaking News
Home » RV Owner News » WA: RV total loss due to electrical heater

WA: RV total loss due to electrical heater

(Jan. 10, 2017) -- Fire crews were called around 1:15 Friday afternoon to the area of 13th and Sycamore Streets in Clarkston. This was the scene as Asotin County Fire District 1, and the Clarkston Fire Department worked to knock down the flames. Crews responded within minutes of the call coming in but the trailer is a total loss.

CLARKSTON, Wash. — A fire breaks out in a mobile home with a man still inside.

Fire crews were called around 1:15 Friday afternoon to the area of 13th and Sycamore Streets in Clarkston. This was the scene as Asotin County Fire District 1, and the Clarkston Fire Department worked to knock down the flames. Crews responded within minutes of the call coming in but the trailer is a total loss.

Assistant Fire Chief Mike Hohman says that’s because fires spread very fast in motorhomes. This particular fire was caused by improper use of a space heater, something fire officials nationwide see a lot of in the winter.

Read the full story by KLEW.

Print Friendly


About Rebecca Smith

Rebecca Smith is a Wisconsin native currently living in Illinois with her husband, Eric, and two dogs, Maggie and Grace. She enjoys hiking, biking, kayaking and, of course, camping in cabins and park models.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

RV Daily Report welcomes comments from readers. However, we expect that comments will be cordial and professional without reverting to name-calling, profanity and libelous language. Comments of that nature will be removed.