BILLINGS, Mont. — Learn some great tips for cooking mushrooms and a tasty recipe that’s a perfect accompaniment any campground meal.
Tips for cooking mushrooms
- Buy mushrooms that are fresh, firm, and plump.
- Don’t wash mushrooms until just prior to when you are going to use them. They absorb water like sponges.
- To store them and keep them fresh longer, place them in a paper bag or wrap them in paper towels and place them in an open plastic
- bag in the refrigerator. Mushrooms are best if used within four or five days of purchase.
- Just before using, gently wipe mushrooms with a damp cloth or soft brush, or rinse them quickly under cold water and pat them dry with paper towels.
- Mushrooms can be served raw or cooked, chopped, sliced, or whole. Almost any seasoning will go well with mushrooms.
Read the full story by KOA.