ELORA, Ontario — Like many RVers, truckers, and car-travelers, we occasionally park at roadside rest stops overnight.
In which states is it legal to park overnight?
Each state has different official rules about this. Here’s a list of the states that officially allow overnight (one night only) camping at roadside rest areas in self contained vehicles (no tents).
- -– only on Illinois Toll Road
- Indiana – only on Indiana Toll Road
- New Mexico
- New York – emergencies only
- Ohio – only on Ohio Turnpike
- Oregon – 14-hour limit
- Wyoming – with some limitations
Read the full story from Frugal RV Travel.