Friday, February 16, 2018
Breaking News
Home » RV Owner News » Extension cord starts fire, three RVs burned

Extension cord starts fire, three RVs burned

(Dec. 19, 2014) -- The Delaware State Fire Marshal's office investigated a fire in Lewes that damaged three travel trailers on Thursday Dec. 18. The Fire Marshal's office determined the cause was an electrical extension cord malfunctioned igniting nearby combustible materials.

LEWES, Del. — The Delaware State Fire Marshal’s office investigated a fire in Lewes that damaged three travel trailers on Thursday Dec. 18, according to WBOC.

The fire occurred at the Tall Pines Mobile Home Park, WBOC reported. The fire also caused damage to two neighboring travel trailers.

The Fire Marshal’s office determined the fire to be accidental in nature and was caused when an electrical extension cord, located in the rear bedroom, malfunctioned, igniting nearby combustible materials, WBOC explained.

To read the full story by WBOC, click here.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

About Rebecca Smith

Rebecca Smith is a Wisconsin native currently living in Illinois with her husband, Eric, and two dogs, Maggie and Grace. She enjoys hiking, biking, kayaking and, of course, camping in cabins and park models.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

RV Daily Report welcomes comments from readers. However, we expect that comments will be cordial and professional without reverting to name-calling, profanity and libelous language. Comments of that nature will be removed.