LIVINGSTON, Texas — Escapees RV Club announced it will offer a historical opportunity to travel to Cuba on a cultural immersion cruise, sailing Jan. 8 for a seven-day round trip from Miami on Fathom cruise line.
Passengers will enjoy the rich, vibrant culture and learn about the fascinating literature and history in Cuba, the release noted.
Pricing will not be available until June 3, but it will include the cabin, all meals on the ship, lunch during scheduled on-the-ground activities, on-board immersion experiences and certain on-the-ground cultural immersion activities.
Some of the past cultural immersion activities were:
- Enjoying an authentic, home-cooked Cuban lunch, at one of Cuba’s many family-owned, in-home restaurants, known as Paladares. Meet the family that is cooking the meal, and learn about the challenges and joys of being self-employed in Cuba.
- Follow in the footsteps of one of Cuba’s most famous expatriate artists, Ernest Hemingway, with an excursion to the nearby fishing village of Cojimar, one of his favorite retreats and the setting for The Old Man and the Sea.
- Enjoy performances by Cuba’s best rumba dancers.
- Visit an Artisans’ Market, the Almacenes de San José (Havana’s largest craft market).
- In Santiago de Cuba, visit a UNESCO World Heritage site and see breathtaking views from San Pedro de la Roca Castle. Roam the halls that were once filled with Spanish soldiers and examine the collections of artifacts displayed inside.
Air conditioned motor coaches will be available for most of the activities.
Escapees who would like to go on the culture-immersion cruise can contact the Escapees Travel Agency at 855.757.8881 to reserve a cabin. The only information needed now, is the passenger’s name, as it appears on the passport, and a $100 deposit per person.
Once the pricing is available, Escapees Travel Agency will contact participants to finalize the booking. At that time, the deposit will still be refundable, if passengers choose to not go on this cruise.
The cruise lines will only have 300 cabins available and it is expected they will sell out fast.
For more information on upcoming Escapees Head Out Programs, click here.