LIVINGSTON, Texas — The Escapees Club announced plans today for two post-rally HOPs in March following the club’s big Escapade in Tucson March 8 to 15.
The Tucson at its Best HOP takes place March 14, and the group will visit historic Tombstone March 15.
Escapees will do the driving so members can sit back, relax, and enjoy a fun, exciting experience with their fellow “SKP” friends. For each HOP, participants will board a luxury coach with a local tour guide, and enjoy the beautiful panoramic view of the mountains, deserts, and learn about the rich western heritage of Tucson and Tombstone.
During the March 14 “Tucson at its Best” HOP, people will enjoy:
- The architectural history of the “Mansions on Main Street.”
- “A” Mountain, also known as Sentinel Peak, is a beautiful panoramic view of Tucson and the surrounding area.
- Visit several of the “saloon” venues.
- Via Tucson Mountain Park, a beautiful patch of the Sonoran Desert, visit the Old Tucson Film Studios, which is a recreation of a 1880s old western town built by Columbia studios. John Wayne movies were shot there as well as other Western movies and TV programs.
For more information about this HOP, including full itinerary and prices, visit http://escapees.com/HOP/Tuscon.aspx.
During the March 15 Tombstone and History HOP, participants will enjoy:
- Mescal tour of an Old West town, built as a movie set where many western movies were shot such as Quick and the Dead, Monte Walsh, and The life and Times of Judge Roy Bean.
- The famous “shoot-out” at the O.K. Corral
- The Birdcage Theater Museum, one of Tombstone’s famous national landmarks. Legend has it that 26 people were killed in the Bird Cage during the Wild West days.
- The most historic Western graveyard, Boothill Graveyard, where several legendary folks were buried.
For more information about this HOP, including full itinerary and prices, visit http://escapees.com/HOP/Tombstone.aspx.
For more information about the Escapees Club, visit www.escapees.com.
For more information about the Escapade rally, visit www.escapees.com/escapade
SOURCE: Escapees Club press release