Breaking News
Home » RV Owner News » Boy dies after choking on marshmallow
(July 9, 2015) -- A 6-year-old boy visiting a private campground on Carlyle Lake near Keyesport, Ill., died Saturday night in Greenville after choking on part of a marshmallow.

Boy dies after choking on marshmallow

BELLEVILLE, Ill. — A 6-year-old boy visiting a private campground on Carlyle Lake near Keyesport died Saturday night in Greenville after choking on part of a marshmallow, according to BND.

According to a news release from Bond County Coroner Tony Brooks, Jeremiah M. Woods of Champaign was at a picnic table with his family at the Hickory Shores Resort south of Keyesport when he became unresponsive after he took a bite out of a large marshmallow, BND reported.

EMS transported Tony to Greenville Regional Hospital, where he was pronounced dead, BND noted.

To read the full story by BND, click here.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email


About Rebecca Smith

Rebecca Smith is a Wisconsin native currently living in Illinois with her husband, Eric, and two dogs, Maggie and Grace. She enjoys hiking, biking, kayaking and, of course, camping in cabins and park models.

Check Also

Gone Workamping: An Alaskan Caravan

(Dec. 14, 2018) -- “Adventure 19 to Adventure 2, Odometer set to Zero, Lights On, we are leaving the park.” Thus, started our 63-day, 5,510-mile caravan trip from Great Falls, Montana through Alaska to end in Prince George, British Columbia.