Wednesday, July 19, 2017
Breaking News
Home » RV Owner News » Alberta: Smoke detector saves life in blaze

Alberta: Smoke detector saves life in blaze

(Jan. 11, 2017) -- The quick action of campground staff and working smoke detectors helped save a man when his motorhome caught fire on the weekend.

OKOTOKS, Alberta — The quick action of campground staff and working smoke detectors helped save a man when his motorhome caught fire on the weekend.

Marilyn Couture, owner of Riverbend Campground, was at the campground when she noticed an occupant of a motorhome come out of the vehicle’s door at around 10:40 a.m. on Sunday.

“About two minutes after it started I came out and all of sudden it was on fire,” Couture said. “As he (the occupant) came out the door it just blew wide open.”

Read the full story by Okotoks Western Wheel.

Print Friendly


About Rebecca Smith

Rebecca Smith is a Wisconsin native currently living in Illinois with her husband, Eric, and two dogs, Maggie and Grace. She enjoys hiking, biking, kayaking and, of course, camping in cabins and park models.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

RV Daily Report welcomes comments from readers. However, we expect that comments will be cordial and professional without reverting to name-calling, profanity and libelous language. Comments of that nature will be removed.