MIDDLEBURY, Ind. – Statistical Survey’s Inc. reports Winnebago travel trailers up 56.8 percent in market share, and 69.9 increase in unit sales in January of 2018 when compared to the same month last year.
Based on that data, Winnebago was the fastest growing of the top 10 travel trailer manufacturers in the month of January.
According to Vice President and General Manager, Scott Degnan, this growth is a culmination of three major factors:
- Winnebago’s renewed focus on the towable market started with an emphasis on skilled personnel. Once experienced management leaders were in place, operations, engineering, manufacturing, and sales could all operate efficiently.
- Streamlining the product offering meant a complete re-branding of Winnebago’s towable products. All Winnebago branded travel trailers and fifth wheels have united under the “Minnie” name forming what Winnebago calls the “Minnie Family.”
- Aside from a unified name, the Minnie family embodies a standardized construction process on all Minnie branded products including 5/8-inch tongue and groove plywood flooring, Noble Classic gel coat fiberglass sidewalls, and a high strength low alloy prime steel NXG frame.
- Other features of the Minnie Family include: Two interior décor options, eight exterior colors, and upgraded standard features throughout—all of which have simplified the purchasing process for our customers. Winnebago’s dealer network is now stronger than ever. According to Director of Sales and Marketing, Mark Gerber, Winnebago dealers have experienced what Gerber calls “a taste of retail success, which has spurred more sales.
- Dealers realized that the Minnie Family has a great value offering and were willing to stock more.
SOURCE: Winnebago press release