DIAMOND BAR, Calif. — Wade Kawasaki, of the Coker Group, has been elected the chairman-elect of SEMA and joins the newly elected board members to help lead the association for the 2015 to 2017 term, the Specialty Equipment Market Association reported today.
Kawasaki fills the position held for the past two years by Doug Evans, of Luken Communications. Evans will begin serving his term as chairman in July. The newly elected SEMA Board volunteers are Susan Carpenter, of JR Products; Laurel Dasher, of Powerteq; and Dan Kahn, of Kahn Media.
Jim Bingham, of Winner’s Circle Speed & Custom, and Nick Gramelspacher, of Meyer Distributing, were re-elected and will serve another term.
The 2015 to 2016 SEMA Board of Directors include:
- Chairman of the Board Doug Evans, executive vice president of Luken Communications
- Chairman-elect Wade Kawasaki, president of the Coker Group
- Immediate-Past Chairman/Secretary Nate Shelton, chief marketing officer of Driven Performance Brands
Other board members include:
- Greg Adler – CEO, Transamerican Auto Parts
- Jeff Bates – partner, Bob Cook Sales
- Jim Bingham – president and CEO, Winner’s Circle Speed & Custom Inc.
- Susan Carpenter – president, JR Products
- Laurel Dasher – northeast sales manager, Powerteq
- Kyle Fickler – director of business development, Aeromotive Inc.
- Nick Gramelspacher – vice president of sales and marketing, Meyer Distributing
- Dan Kahn – president, Kahn Media Inc.
- Tim Martin – chief operations officer, K&N Engineering
- Tim Watts – president, Superlift Suspension
John Johnson, of The Spartan Group, will continue to serve as treasurer, and Russ Deane, of Trainum, Snowdon and Deane, continues as general counsel.
The newly elected SEMA Board of Directors will be recognized during the SEMA Installation Gala July 24 at the Millennium Biltmore Hotel in Los Angeles.
Also during the banquet, outgoing board members Scooter Brothers, of COMP Performance Group; Luanne Brown, of eTool Developers; John Hotchkis, of Hotchkis Performance; and Russell Stephens, of MSD Performance; will be recognized and honored for their service and contributions to the industry.
The event will also feature a special tribute to the 2015 SEMA Hall of Fame Inductees Joel Ayres, Jim Bingham and Dennis Gage.
SOURCE: Specialty Equipment Market Association press release