RICHMOND, B.C. — Sam Parks, of Camp-Out RV Centre in Stratford, Ontario, has been elected as the new chairman of the board of the RV Dealers Association of Canada, the group announced today.
Camp-Out RV is a family-owned and operated RV dealership that prides itself in providing quality products and exceptional customer service for to RV enthusiasts, the release noted.
Parks has been owner of Camp-Out RV for more than 20 years along with his wife, Debbi. Under his leadership Campout RV has grown from a small family business started by his parents more than 50 years ago to an enterprise with 20-plus employees.
Parks’ dedication to the RV industry is evident in his commitment to the various organizations he belongs to, said Eleonore Hamm, executive director of RVDA of Canada.
He has been a member of the Ontario RVDA for many years. His volunteer work has led him to serve on the membership committee, the education committee, board of directors as well as president of the Ontario RVDA. To further his involvement and commitment, Parks joined the RVDA of Canada Board in January 2011 and become treasurer in 2013 and the vice chair in 2014. He also joined the board of directors for Go RVing Canada in 2013.
Parks is a strong supporter of his local community in Stratford, Ontario, through various charities such as the Sunshine Foundation, Meals on Wheels, and local soup kitchen. Camp-Out RV has also supplied trailers for the Make a Wish Foundation, Relay for Life as well as local sports teams.
“Sam appreciates the importance of family values and life balance and how well this is reflected in the RV lifestyle,” said Hamm. “A camper all his life, he along with his wife Debbi and there 3 daughters continue to create their own camping memories when time permits.”
Other officers for the 2015-2016 year are:
- Vice Chairman Jean-Francois Lussier, with Horizon Lussier in Marieville, Quebec
- Treasurer Jonathan Stone, from Stone’s RV and Home Centre in New Glasgow, Nova Scotia
- Past Chairman George Goodrick, with Adventure Sports RV Centre in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
RVDA of Canada’s current board of directors include:
- Jason Bell, from Chemo RV Sales and Service at 150 Mile House, B.C.
- Darcy Turgeon,with Carefree Coach and RV in Edmonton, Alberta
- Kyle Kehoe, from Kehoe RV in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
- Jim Gorrie, with GNR Camping World in Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Herb Cowen, at Pike Lake Golf Centre in Clifford, Ontario
- Josée Bédard, with Roulotte Chaudière in Lévis, Quebec
- Bruce Marsh, from Cape Breton Trailer Sales in Bras d’Or, Nova Scotia
- Trevor Moase, from Vacationer RV Sales and Service in Kelvin Grove, Prince Edward Island
SOURCE: RV Dealers Association of Canada press release