ELKHART, Ind., – The board of directors of the RV/MH Heritage Foundation has announced the names of those who will be inducted into the RV/MH Hall of Fame in August as the Class of 2014.
“Congratulations to the ten new honorees. All of them have had or are having outstanding careers and are richly deserving of this special moment, said Foundation President Darryl Searer. “I join their friends, family and colleagues in welcoming these new inductees who will join the honored rolls of industry leaders, pioneers and innovators who have made significant contributions the to RV and manufactured housing industries.”
Inductees from the RV industry include:
- Debbie Brunoforte, president, owner and CEO of Little Dealer, Little Prices in Arizona.
- Bob Livingston, senior vice president and group publisher for Good Sam Club in California.
- Peter B Orthwein, chairman of Thor Industries. Orthwein is from Ohio.
- John D Roba, founder and president of Roba and Associates. He is a manufacturer’s representative for JR Products. He is based in New York.
- James F Shields, president of Pan Pacific RV Centers, Inc., an RV dealership in California.
Inductees from the manufactured housing industry:
- Barry Cole, president of Manufactured Housing Insurance Services and Cole Housing Corp., an insurance supplier to RV/MH industries and manufactured housing communities. He is from California.
- Ed Evans, managing partner of EPM, a manufactured housing community owner and developer based in California.
- Thomas “Tom” L. Kern, CEO of Style Crest Enterprises, a supplier based in Ohio
- Richard “Dick” King, founder and CEO of King Insurance. He is from Nebraska.
- Gary McDanial, CEO, YES! Communities headquartered in Colorado.
“The nine-person selection committee also deserves to be congratulated for the professional job they did in choosing this talented Class of 2014,” said Searer. “We had a record number of new nominees on both the RV side and MH side and the selection committee was tasked with identifying no more than five from each camp to be honored.
“The committee spent many hours over several days studying nomination forms and letters of support that were lengthy, detailed and packed with passionate advocacy for the candidates,” he added. “The committee wants all candidates and their nominators to know that they read every word of every nomination and gave thoughtful consideration to everything that was written. The fact that we had so many deserving nominees this year is a wonderful testament to the renewed relevancy of and excitement for our Hall of Fame.”
The induction ceremonies will be held at the RV/MH Hall of Fame in Elkhart Aug. 4.
Searer invited those who would like to nominate future candidates for the Hall of Fame to visit www.rvmhhalloffame.org to view the nomination guidelines and to download the necessary nomination forms.
SOURCE: RV/MH Hall of Fame press release