LOUISVILLE, Ky. — When the entire RV industry gathers for the 2017 National RV Trade Show, Nov. 27-30, at the Kentucky Expo Center in Louisville, there will once again be a great focus on value for RV dealers and providing great education and networking for everyone at the show, reported RVIA Today.
Registration is currently pacing up double digits from the same time last year. But what those more than 425 new buyers already registered to attend the National RV Show will experience are a record number of firsts, six firsts to be exact.
- 1st Annual “40 Under 40” recognition – Join in recognizing the industry’s young ambassadors and professionals making a difference in the RV market during the Outlook Breakfaston Tuesday, November 28;
- 1st Annual Top Tech Challenge – A competition live on the show floor that will pit eight certified technicians against each other in a
timed ‘diagnosis’ situation. The event launches Monday, November 27 at 4:00pm in the Pavilion, and the final is Wednesday, November 29 at the end of the day. We encourage your staff to
attend and support the Techs during the competition. The Winner will take home $10,000 in prize money;
- 1st Annual RV Industry Awards – Wednesday, November 29 starting at 7:00pm at The Mercury Ballroom in downtown Louisville. The event, sponsored by KOA, kicks off with a welcome reception for RVAA members and rolls into a joint awards program featuring RVDA’s DSI Quality Circle Awards, RVIA Distinguished Service Award and David J. Humphreys RV Industry Unity Award, and RVBusiness’ RV of the Year Award. All in all, an exciting evening
of networking and recognition;
- 1st Annual Outside Magazine Outdoor Pavilion – We’ve partnered with Outside Magazine to bring dealers a new look at merchandising tips designed to help them drive more business to their stores. In addi-tion, we’ve opened up this area for like-minded exhib-itors to show their wares to dealers looking for ways to
keep consumers engaged and motivated to buy;
- 1st Annual Media Preview – Occurring Monday afternoon, invited media will get to take a tour of the show and explore what the industry has to offer; and
- First-ever online floorplan and exhibitor list that allows exhibitors to post new products that will be featured in their booth.
And while it’s not exactly a first, there will be enhanced education and training starting Monday, November 27, with a full line up of Tech Academy, seminars, Sobel Sales Dealer Bootcamp, and power
talks. The power talks are presented live on the show floor and will discuss topics of importance to dealers like: Multicultural & Millennial Insights, “Where will they camp,” The Amazon Effect, Advocacy, and Future Ready research – understanding Millennials.
SOURCE: RVIA Today newsletter