FAIRFAX, Va. — The Department of Labor issued changes last week to the overtime rule that will entitle millions of additional salaried workers to overtime pay, the RV Dealers Association noted today.
The RVDA is sponsoring a free webinar May 25 at noon eastern to address the changes and the impact it will have on all businesses.
All employers will be required to review the exempt status of their employees, some of whom may become non-exempt on Dec.1, when the changes take effect.
To learn more about the new regulations, including how to comply while minimizing the impact on payroll and workforce, attend the free webinar “Significant Changes to Overtime Regulations and How They Will Impact You,” which will discuss:
- How the new overtime exemption rules affect the current salary basis test and the salary level threshold required for exemption
- What dealers can do to prepare
- Whether dealers should convert exempt workers to hourly status rather than pay an increased weekly base salary
- Whether dealers should rewrite your job descriptions
- How to prepare an organization for increased record keeping
This free event takes place May 25 at noon Eastern time. It is sponsored by the Mike Molino RV Learning Center and will feature Kathryn Carlson, KPA human resources specialist. To register, click here.
SOURCE: RV Dealers Association bulletin