RICHMOND, British Columbia — The RV Dealers Association of Canada will accept bursary applications for technician training until June 1, the group reminded dealers today.
A total of 21 bursaries valued at $1,000 and two valued at $2,000 will be awarded to RV service technicians to help cover the cost of training.
“This is a true benefit to RVDA members as non-members are not eligible to receive the money,” said Eleonore Hamm, executive director.
To be eligible to apply, students must be enrolled in any of the following programs:
- Okanagan College (Apprenticeship, entry-level, online training, Atlantic propane training)
- SAIT Polytechnic (Apprenticeship)
- Ontario RVDA/TSSA (RV 2 or RV 1 propane certification)
- Mike Molino RV Learning Center (RV technician certification preparation)
- FRVTA Distance Learning Network (RV technician certification preparation)
Students who have achieved a minimum of 70 percent or higher average depending on the pass grade as specified by the course are eligible to be reimbursed for training completed between Aug. 1, 2015, and May 31, 2016.
To download the application package, click here.
Hamm said the association’s deadline is firm and will not be extended.
SOURCE: RV Dealers Association of Canada bulletin