SAN ANTONIO, Texas — Pressure Systems International has acquired Truck System Technologies, a provider of tire-pressure monitoring and mobile-asset management systems technology, Trucking Info reported.
It is the 26th announced consolidation in the RV industry so far this year.
PSI indicated the acquisition represents “a valuable addition” to its PSI portfolio of products, which fleet operators use to manage tire costs and manufacturers can tap to meet future standards set under the greenhouse gas Phase 2 rules for trucks and trailers.
“The ability for our customers to customize their tire management solutions from a single-systems provider is increasingly important with the pending Greenhouse Gas Phase 2 trailer regulations becoming effective January 2018,” said Tim Musgrave, president and CEO of PSI. “TST already enjoys a solid reputation in the RV market, which they will build on as they expand into the commercial vehicle segment.”
The full story is available Trucking Info.
This marks the 26th announced consolidation within the RV industry since Jan. 1, according to reports published by RV Daily Report. Some deals may have been announced during RV Daily Report’s end-of-year break in late 2016, but the news was published after the new year. Here is the current 2017 RV industry consolidation scorecard:
- Jan. 3 – Camping World acquires RV World of Georgia
- Jan. 10 – Camping World acquires RV-Max: Three locations in Texas
- Jan. 19 – Camping World buys Jamatt RV in Oklahoma
- Feb. 2 – Camping World buys Nelson’s RV in Idaho
- Feb. 16 – Camping World acquires McGeorge’s RV in Virginia
- March 3 – Willkins RV acquires Ballantyne RV in New York
- March 8 – Camping World acquires Safford RV in Virginia
- May 1 – Camping World acquires Gander Mountain, Overton’s
- May 9 – Apollo acquires CanaDream, Kratzmann Caravans and Clint’s Caravan Warehouse
- Jan. 2 – REV Group takes over Renegade RV
- Feb. 10 – Hymer acquires Explorer Group in England
- April 13 – REV Group acquires Midwest Automotive Designs
- May 5 – KV Private Equity acquires Northern Lite
- Jan. 2 – Covercraft acquires ADCO
- Feb. 2 – Dexter acquires Tie Down Engineering
- Feb. 9 – Lippert Components acquires Sessa Klein
- March 16 – Ultrafabrics merges with Daiichi Kasei Company
- March 20 – Patrick Industries acquires Medallion Plastics
- April 3 – Valterra acquires Diamond Group
- April 4 – The Eastern Company acquires Velvac
- April 12 – Power Products acquires Progressive Industries
- April 28 – Boomerang acquires United Roll Forming division
- May 11 – Dominion Services (RV Trader) acquired by West Street Capital Partners
- May 17 – Pressure Systems International acquires Truck System Technologies
- Jan. 20 – Zeman Homes buys Paradise Camping Resort in Grand Prairie, Ill., and Seasons in the Sun RV Resort in Mims, Fla.
- April 4 – Diversified Investment Companies acquires Hidden Creek Camping Resort in Marion, N.C.