RESTON, Va. — There are still spots available for the upcoming National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) seminar, taking place at the at the RV/MH Hall of Fame in Elkhart May 2, the RV Industry Association reported.
The deadline to register is April 26. The full schedule has been finalized and can be viewed here.
More than 300 people attended last year’s seminar about NHTSA processes that affect the RV industry, reporting requirements and best practices. This year’s seminar will expand on these topics and present a series of five case studies that explain the rules and regulations in more detail.
A panel of industry compliance veterans, legal staff, and NHTSA’s Bruce York have been selected to lead the seminar and will cover a broad range of topics including:
- Who is NHTSA and why people should care
- A review of rules and regulations
- Determining if a recall is needed and what steps to take
- Taking the appropriate course of action based on safety related defects vs product defects that are not safety related
- Monitoring warranty data to determine trends
- Actions required on the manufacturer side when chassis defects are reported
This event is sponsored by Thor Industries and Forest River.
SOURCE: RV Industry Association bulletin