NAPPANEE, Ind. — Newmar Corporation hosted an elite group of its suppliers for a sit down chicken dinner at its annual vendor appreciation dinner Oct. 22 at Das Dutchman Essenhaus in Middlebury, Ind.
Approximately 140 people attended the event, at which select vendors were honored in various categories for outstanding performance in supplying Newmar with various components and material used in production of high quality motorhome products, the company noted in a press release.
The companies recognized for outstanding performance based on internal surveys measuring each suppliers’ level of quality and service while interacting with Newmar’s purchasing, manufacturing and engineering departments. A score of 214 of 220 possible points were required for the vendors to earn an invitation to the evening’s festivities. The companies recognized were:
- Sales Person of the Year — Cindy Schneider, from Ameri-Kart
- Customer Service Awards — Will Weed, with Robert Weed Plywood; and Laura Frizzo, with Paramount Plastics
- Purchasing Recognition Award — Mike Berzai, from Robert Weed Plywood
- Delivery Service Award — Jeff Porter, with LaSalle Bristol
- Innovation Award — Equipment Service/Stresco
Newmar’s To 10 vendors included:
- Industrial Finishing
- Jenkins Automotive
- Medallion Plastics
- Quality Hardwood Sales
- Ramco Engineering
- REM Industries
- S & H Metals
- Winegard Company
Newmar awarded the Virgil Miller Award of Excellence, its highest honor, to Freightliner Custom Chassis Corporation. The employees accepting the award are in the bottom picture.
SOURCE: Newmar Corporation press release