LAS VEGAS — John McCluskey, of Florida Outdoors RV in Stuart, Fla., was elected chairman of the board of the RV Dealers Association Nov. 13 during the RVDA Annual Meeting at the 2014 RV Dealers International Convention/Expo in Las Vegas.
“I have nothing but confidence in our future,” he told the membership. “When our industry gives consumers what they want when they want it, we serve to build the RV lifestyle, sell the total experience, and will out-perform our peers in other leisure industries.”
He also thanked immediate past chairman Jeff Hirsch, of Campers Inn, for his two years of service, which made Hirsch the longest serving chairman in RVDA history.
Also elected to officer positions at the meeting are
- First Vice Chairman Brian Wilkins, of Wilkins RV in Bath, N.Y.
- Second Vice Chair Darrell Friesen, of All Seasons RV Center in Yuba City, Calif.
- Treasurer Tim Wegge, of Burlington RV Superstore in Sturtevant, Wis.
- Secretary Mike Regan, of Crestview RV Center in Buda, Texas.
- Hirsch serves as immediate past chairman
Sherry Shields, of Pan Pacific RV Center in French Camp, Calif., and Glenn Thomas, of Bill Thomas Camper Sales in Wentzville, Ohio, were also elected to the board of directors. They join the following people serving on the board:
- Director Ron Shepherd, of Camperland of Oklahoma in Tulsa, Okla.
- Director Rod Ruppel, of Webster City RV in Webster City, Iowa.
- Recreation Vehicle Assistance Corporation Chairman Tom Stinnett, of Tom Stinnett Derby City RV Center in Clarksville, Ind.
- RV Rental Association Chairman Scott Krenek, of Krenek RV Center in Coloma, Mich.
- Mike Molino RV Learning Center Chairman Jeff Pastore, of Hartville RV Center in Hartville, Ohio.
- RVDA President Phil Ingrassia serves as a non-voting member of the board.
For more information, visit www.rvda.org.
SOURCE: RV Dealers Association press release