TAMPA, Fla. — Jayco and Spartan Specialty Vehicles unveiled the Jayco Embark luxury coach at the Florida RV SuperShow in Tampa. Built on the all-new Spartan K1 chassis with Cummins 360 H.P. engine, the Embark luxury coach marks Spartan Motors’ entry into the Cummins B-series diesel market segment, and is the first new motorhome OEM for Spartan since 2015. This is the first Class A rear engine diesel pusher in the extensive Jayco motorized lineup.
The Jayco Embark luxury coach is designed to meet consumer demand for a premium, more accessible package for younger RV buyers, as well as customers looking to drive a smaller coach, while remaining on the premium motorhome foundation. Spartan’s premium chassis features an independent front suspension with Bilstein shocks, providing the 37-foot coach with best-in-class ride and handling; it also features better serviceability, and Spartan’s extensive service and support network.
The Embark Class A Diesel luxury motorhome features:
- Three eye-catching premium exterior paint choices
- Choice of two stunning interior décors
- Galley kitchen galley complete with residential refrigerator with ice maker and water dispenser, induction cooktop, 1.5 cu. ft. convection microwave oven, solid-surface countertops and stainless steel sink
- Versatouch Lyra command center with App
- Entertainment system including a 50-inch LED HDTV with a sound bar in the living room and a 32-inch LED HDTV in the bedroom
- Exterior 39-inch LED HDTV
- Industry-leading manufacturer’s limited 2-year warranty and 24-hour roadside protection plan
The Spartan K1 360 chassis features:
- Industry first Cummins B-series engine packaged chassis with an Independent Front Suspension
- Bilstein 46mm shocks which provide consistent ride tuning
- Easier serviceability with Spartan’s exclusive side-mounted service center
- 10,000 lb. towing capacity
- Raised rail design for frame strength and basement storage
- Rear-mounted radiator and charge air cooler, parallel air flow system with low-profile radiator with clutch to minimize noise and dust kick-up
“We are thrilled to add the Jayco Embark luxury coach to our RV lineup and reach a new audience in the Class A market segment with this smaller, premium motorhome,” said Brion Brady, General Manager of Jayco Motorhomes. “Partnering with Spartan Motors allowed us to offer our customers a quality coach built on the premier foundation, and the superior ride, service, and support that our customers expect from our RVs.”
“The K1 360 chassis embodies Spartan’s mission to provide coach builders with the premium foundation, no matter the size of the house being built on top of it,” said Steve Guillaume, president of Spartan Specialty Vehicles. “Our class-leading ride and handling will now be available to more owners, backed by Spartan’s superior service and support, no matter where the road takes them.”
The unveiling featured a vehicle tour and presentations by Guillaume, Brady and Ken Walters, VP of Sales and Product Development, Jayco Motorhome Group.
The 2018 Florida RV SuperShow is held at the Florida State Fairgrounds in Tampa and goes through Jan. 21. It is the largest RV show in the nation.
SOURCE: Jayco press release