Those who complete the entire program will earn a Specialized Diploma from Northampton Community College. Students not wishing to obtain the Specialized Diploma may also enroll in individual courses as desired. Those who earn the Specialized Diploma will be prepared to test for the RV Service Technician or a Master Certified RV Service Technician with the Recreation Vehicle Industry Association (RVIA).
The Introduction to Recreation Vehicle Service Course – RVTNC105.5 equates to 28 recertification hours and costs $280.
This course is the logical entry point into the RV tchnician training program. It delves into the workings of a typical RV dealership service center and exposes the student to the skills necessary to function within a dealership environment. RV construction techniques are discussed as well as the proper care and use of hand tools. Safety, work habits and the introduction to RV Codes and Standards are also presented.
A deeper look into the various job classifications and pay structures at the RV dealership gives the student a well-rounded view of what is possible after training and certification. After successful completion of this course the student will effectively be able to:
• Identify the different terminology as well as the different classifications of RVs
• Recognize and identify RV manufacturers and their products
• Describe the methods of framing, laminating and construction techniques used
• Locate the plumbing, electrical and LP systems on any RV
• Identify hand tools, shop equipment and specialty tools
• Describe the safe use and proper care of tools
• Identify appropriate dress and safety gear
• Identify the safe storage of hazardous materials
• Implement safe work habits
• Find and use material safety data sheet
• Identify applicable RV codes and standards (NEC, A119.2, DOT & state)
• Identify various RV occupations
• Describe RV service technician job classifications
• Identify and utilize service manual, service bulletins, user’s guides and troubleshooting manuals
• Locate RV specifications in specified service literature
To register, please go on-line to: https://lifelearn.northampton.edu/modules/
Source: RVIA press release