DALLAS, Texas — As part of its ongoing experiential marketing efforts, Go RVing was onsite at the LPGA’s North Texas Shootout at Las Colinas Country Club in Dallas, Texas, from April 30 – May 3. The LPGA is known for having a family-friendly gallery, and the event drew thousands of spectators, a press release from the organization stated.
In working with the Texas RV Association (TRVA), National Indoor RV Center of Dallas provided a Newmar Ventana type A motorhome and a Roadtrek RS Adventurous type B motorhome that attendees were able to tour while watching the golfers challenge the course. In front of the Ventana, Go RVing set up a 3-hole putt-putt course that attracted spectators as they followed their favorite golfers, the release from the organization stated. The Roadtrek was parked near a popular food vendor adding to the vehicle’s foot traffic.
The Go RVing display received tremendous exposure during a live segment aired during the Golf Channel’s coverage of the event on Sat., May 2, the release stated. LPGA pro and Golf Channel personality Nicole Castrale talked about the popularity of RVing and gave viewers an on-air tour of the Ventana motorhome.
Go RVing also received extensive coverage and mentions on the LPGA website and social media outlets during the week. Additionally, Go RVing commercials and signage were also featured prominently on the tournament’s electronic leaderboards.
Go RVing will also be one of the sponsors at the LPGA’s Kingsmill Championship in Williamsburg, Va., from May 14-17. RVDA member Dodd RV in Portsmouth, Va. will be providing a Forest River Georgetown type A motorhome and a Thor Chateau type C motorhome.
Over the past two years, experiential marketing has become an important element in Go RVing’s efforts to reach new consumers. Go RVing works with prominent media partners such as Sports Illustrated, Garden & Gun, Country Living, Outside and LiveNation to showcase RV travel and camping at fairs, festivals and sporting venues that draw large crowds, the release stated.
After the success of the experiential marketing efforts last year, Go RVing is expanding the program for 2015. Go RVing will work closely with RVDA and its dealer partners at upcoming events including:
- Country Living Fairs taking place in Rhinebeck N.Y. from June 5-7, Columbus Ohio from Sept. 18-20 and Atlanta, Ga. from Oct. 23-25
- The Dominion Riverrock from May 14-18 in Brown’s Island, Va., and the GoPro Mountain Games from June 4-7 in Vail, Colo., in partnership with Outside magazine
- The Des Moines Fair from July 27 – Aug. 3 in Des Moines, Iowa, through a partnership with Family Fun magazine
- The Jamboree in the Hills in Belmont, Ohio, from July 16-19 in concert with LiveNation
- The Wild Georgia Shrimp Festival from Sept. 19-20 in Jekyll Island, Ga., in affiliation with Southern Living magazine.
SOURCE: Go RVing press release