RESTON, Va. — Go RVing kicked off the national advertising campaign’s experiential marketing outreach for 2015 at the Southeastern Wildlife Exposition (SEWE), held Feb. 13 to 15 in Charleston, S.C.
Several thousand attendees were introduced to RV travel and camping while visiting the Go RVing display, which featured a Rockwood Ultra Lite travel trailer and a Roadtrek Popular van camper. This marked the third year that Go RVing has participated in the popular outdoor event through its media partnership with Garden & Gun magazine.
Over the past two years, experiential marketing has become an important element in Go RVing’s efforts to reach consumers in the campaign’s target market. Go RVing works with media partners such as Sports Illustrated, Garden & Gun, Country Living, Outside and LiveNation to showcase RV travel and camping at fairs, festivals and sporting venues that draw large crowds.
“Nothing sells our product like our product,” said James Ashurst, RVIA’s vice president of communications and marketing. “Our goal is to create an incredible, unexpected and hands-on RV experience for consumers who maybe when they set out for the event weren’t planning to be introduced to all that today’s RVs offer.”
After the success of the experiential marketing efforts last year that saw more than 50,000 introduced to RVing, Go RVing is expanding the program for 2015. In addition to the just-completed SEWE event, Go RVing will also have displays at:
- Country Living Fairs taking place in Nashville from April 24 to 26; in Rhinebeck, N.Y. from June 5 to 7; in Columbus, Ohio from Sept. 18 to 20; and in Atlanta from Oct. 23 to 25. This marks the third consecutive year that Go RVing will have RVs at these popular events.
- The Dominion Riverrock from May 14 to 18 in Brown’s Island, Va., and the GoPro Mountain Games from June 4 to 7 in Vail, Colo., as part of the media buy with Outside.
- Coastal Living’s Seaside Events this summer with exact locations and dates to be determined.
- The Des Moines Fair from July 27 to Aug. 3 in Des Moines, Iowa, through a partnership with Family Fun.
- Jamboree in the Hills in Belmont, Ohio, from July 16 to 19 in conjunction with LiveNation as well as another country music festival to be determined with CMT in June or July.
- The Wild Georgia Shrimp Festival from Sept. 19 to 20 in Jekyll Island, Ga., in affiliation with Southern Living.
Go RVing is also exploring potential partners to continue having a strong presence this fall at college and professional football games.
“Our experience has shown us that consumer events are a great venue for GoRVing,” said Ashurst. “We’re able to show-case RVing as a fun, affordable, family-friendly way to travel by bringing the RV to life and connecting with consumers in a memorable way. Many who tour the RVs have never been in one or haven’t been since their childhood and they are amazed by what they see.”
SOURCE: RV Industry Association press release