MONTGOMERY, Texas — The Texas Association of Campground Owners (TACO) presented awards yesterday as the organization kicked off the first full day of its annual spring meeting and trade show.
TACO CEO Brian Schaeffer presented the association’s awards following today’s breakfast session attended by campground owners, vendors and industry officials from across the Lone Star State.
“This was by far the most competitive awards program we’ve ever had in our 45 year history,” he said, noting that three times as many parks competed for awards this year.
Schaeffer attributed the spike in awards applications to TACO’s recent decision to post the award nomination forms online at www.TacoAwards.com.
This year’s award winning parks included:
- Llano Grande Resort and Country Club in Mercedes (www.llanogranderesort.com), Large Park of the Year
- The Vineyards Campground & Cabins in Grapevine (www.vineyardscampground.com), Medium Park of the Year
- Westgate RV Park in Poolville (www.westgatervparktexas.com), Small Park of the Year
- Llano Grande Resort and Country Club in Mercedes (www.llanogranderesort.com), Large Park Accommodations of the Year
- The Vineyards Campground & Cabins in Grapevine (www.vineyardscampground.com), Medium Park Accommodations of the Year
- Katy Lake RV Resort in Katy (www.katylakervresort.com) Small Park Accommodations of the Year
- Jellystone Park Camp-Resort in Kerrville (www.jellystoneguadalupe.com), Best Marketing Materials
In addition to recognizing top campgrounds, TACO presented a Supplier of the Year Award to Crowley-based AGS / Texas Advertising.
TACO’s annual spring meeting and tradeshow started Sunday and runs through Tuesday at the Lake Conroe / Houston North KOA campground in Montgomery, Texas.
Based in Crowley, the Texas Association of Campground Owners represents the legislative interests of private park operators throughout the Lone Star State in addition to marketing Texas campgrounds, RV parks and resorts to consumers.
SOURCE: Texas Association of Campground Owners press release