HUNTER, N.Y. — Campground Owners of New York (CONY) is celebrating 50 years as a trade association at annual Exposition for the Outdoor Hospitality Industry, set for Oct. 31 to Nov. 2, 2013, at the Kaatskill Mountain Club in Hunter, N.Y.
There is still time to register. To get a tentative agenda and registration packet for all or part of the Exposition, contact the CONY office at 585.586.4360 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don Bennett, Jr., CONY’s president and CEO, says attendees of all ages will be kept busy with a full slate of activities.
“I think everyone will be blown away by what we have planned, from seminars to celebrations,” Bennett said. “People coming with their families can register their children for the CONY Kids Club, with daily supervised activities happening while the adults are at seminars and meetings. Teens interested in learning more about the outdoor hospitality industry can attend seminars geared especially for them. And everyone will have fun at our trade show and wine tasting, Friday night auction, and Saturday night awards presentation and banquet celebrating CONY’s 50th anniversary. Our schedule is just bursting at the seams!”
Informative seminars and special presentations will comprise the professional development and educational component of the Exposition. A sample selection of the planned topics and speakers include:
- Keynote Address by professional speaker Norm Bossio of Norm Bossio Enterprises.
- Campground Activities, with Lori Severson, owner of Severson & Associates and Executive Director of the Wisconsin Association of Campground Owners.
- CONY 101 – Everything you need to know about interacting with CONY and getting the most out of your membership, with Mike Papp, CONY Chairman, and Donald Bennett, Jr., CONY President and CEO.
- Understanding the Affordable Care Act, New Minimum Wages & Workamper Issues¸ with Randy Lehman, CPA, Owner, Hickory Hill Family Camping Resort.
- Expanding into Special Events? Top Things You Need to Know to Succeed, with Irene Jones and Anne Backlund of Marshall & Sterling Insurance
- PR is the Key to the Success of Your Campground, with Greg Taylor, Senior Business Development Consultant at Kampgrounds of America, Inc. (KOA).
- Your Health is Your Business – Tips to Keep You and Your Campground Healthy, with Sue Glenny, R.N.
- Social Media, with Roxi Baxley, Owner, Strait Web Solutions
- Guest Reviews, with Bob MacKinnon, MacKinnon Campground Consulting
- Benchmarking: The Financial & Management Asset Tool that Should be in your Business Toolbox, with Clyde Taylor, President of Taylor Communications
- Trends to Watch in the Park Business: Where the Business is Headed, with David Gorin, David Gorin Associates, LLC
David Gorin, of David Gorin Associates, LLC in McLean, Va., has also been scheduled to appear at the Exposition, speaking on the topic of “Trends to Watch in the Park Business: Where the Business is Headed.”
According to Gorin, “Since the recession of 2008 to 2010, the RV and campground industries have undergone many changes. And in recent years, technology has added many new dimensions to park operations. The seminar on Trends in the Park Industry will highlight some of the most significant changes impacting on parks and give park owners some ‘food for thought’ on how to best adapt their own operations to meet the changes coming down the road.”
Bennett is pleased with the quality of professional development opportunities at the Exposition. “David Gorin and all our guest speakers bring a wealth of knowledge across many professional spectrums to share with our campground owners. Our attendees will walk away with ideas to implement making them better business operators, a good thing for them and for their customers.”
SOURCE: Campground Owners of New York press release