Thursday, May 11, 2017
Breaking News
Home » Campground and RV Park News » Canadian college offers park development program

Canadian college offers park development program

Canadian college offers park development program

PEMBROKE, Ontario — Snowboarding, BMX, skateboarding and mountain biking have defined action sports and youth culture. A new program developed by Algonquin College helps campgrounds and RV parks develop the kind of outdoor adventure areas desired by younger campers.

This program develops technical construction skills related to where these sports happen: ski area terrain parks, public or private skateparks, dirt jumps and mountain bike trails. This program also develops leadership, facilities risk management, event and competition planning and action sports marketing abilities.

About 40 percent of the program is delivered out-of-doors and/or off campus at industry partner facilities, with the remaining 60 percent representing more traditional in-class learning.

Graduates of this highly specialized training will find opportunities taking care of municipal skateparks, ski resort terrain parks, working on trails, competition set up or in event management. Students will gain direct experience building features for and working with fully functioning action sports facilities.

More information is available at the Algonquin College website.

SOURCE: Algonquin College bulletin

Print Friendly


About Greg Gerber

Greg Gerber is the editor and founder of RV Daily Report. A native of Madison, Wis., he moved to Phoenix in 2009 to escape the endless winters and wicked humidity of the six-week "summer" season. He's a DODO -- Dad of Daughter's Only -- who would crawl across the desert on his hands and knees for an In-N-Out Double Double. He has visited every state except Hawaii and is anxiously waiting for some RV company to host a conference in the Aloha State.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

RV Daily Report welcomes comments from readers. However, we expect that comments will be cordial and professional without reverting to name-calling, profanity and libelous language. Comments of that nature will be removed.