AUBURN, Calif. — Pamela Hintz, of Village Camper Inn in Crescent City, Calif., became the first woman to be elected president of the California Association of RV Parks and Campgrounds during a membership meeting last week.
Hintz worked closely with outgoing President Pat Stone this summer on restructuring the board and new committees. Rather than maintain long-term standing committees, Hintz said she intends to use project based ad hoc committees to get board work accomplished.
She said her goal this year as president is to increase membership. “Watch out, you’ll be hearing from me,” said Hintz. “This is going to be a working board and I intend to get a lot done.”
A year’s worth of board reorganization efforts came to fruition last week culminating with the CalARVC 2013/14 officer elections, following a series of strategic meetings during which the board of directors asked members this summer for input to restructure the group’s governing entity.
“Taking the board from 17 to nine members will greatly increase the efficiency of CalARVC’s Board,” said Stone, of Mountain Gate RV Park in Redding, Calif. “Additionally, we will be selecting two board members based on what they can bring to the board rather than a specific area of the state. We are hoping this will greatly increase the talent base of board members.”
CalARVC 2013/14 officers include:
- President Pamela Hintz, with Village Camper Inn in Crescent City
- Vice President Dana Busch, from Canyon RV Park in Anaheim
- Secretary/Treasurer Jerry Suppa, of Sunrise Highway RV Park in Mt. Laguna
- Past President Patrick Stone, with Mountain Gate RV Park in Redding
- Erik Gothberg with Santa Cruz/Monterey Bay KOA in Lodi
- Randy Hendrickson, from Flying Flags RV Resort and Buellton & Palm Canyon Resort in Borrego Springs
- Bob MacKinnon, president of Camp-California Marketing and president of MacKinnon Campground Consulting
Members of the 2013/14 Camp-California Marketing Board include:
- President Bob MacKinnon, with MacKinnon Campground Consulting
- Vice President Gene Zanger, of Casa de Fruta Orchard Resort
- Secretary/Treasurer Deb Kohls, from Deb Kohls Consulting
- Dan Perlis, California vice president for Equity Lifestyles Properties
- Pamela Hintz, CalARVC president and owner of Village Camper Inn in Crescent City
The association also set the date for the first California RV Park Day which takes place Jan. 28 at Paso Robles. The interactive event is designed specifically to generate conversations, create lasting friendships and develop professional relationships between park operators, said CalARVC Executive Director Debbie Sipe.
The schedule for this year’s event is:
- 9 a.m. — Registration & Coffee Bar
- 10 a.m. to noon — Education Session
- Noon to 2 p.m. — Networking Lunch & Park Tour
- 2:15 to 5 p.m. — Expert Roundtable Session
- 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. — Informal Expert Roundtable & Networking Reception
- 5:30 p.m. — Table Talk Dinner followed by campfire
PHOTO: Pamela Hintz accepts the presidents gavel from outgoing CalARVC President Patrick Stone.
SOURCE: California Association of RV Parks and Campgrounds press release